Equidistant to Points
- mr. fay
Example: Vertices of a Pentagon
1. Draw all the points 4 units from the given point.
2. What is the set of all equidistant points to a given point? ( hint consider all distances )
3. Draw 4 points equidistant to the two given points.
4. What is the set of all equidistant points to the set of two distinct point?
5. Prove the segments XA and XB are congruent. Recall corresponding parts of congruent triangles are congruent.
6. Prove the angles YMA and BMY are congruent and therefore 90 degrees.