CCGPS CA 6.1.1 Example 2
- Walch Education
Tyler and Arsha have mapped out locations for a game of manhunt. Each unit is equivalent to 100 feet. What is the approximate distance between Tyler and Arsha?
- Plot the points on a coordinate system.
- Draw lines to form a right triangle, using each point as the end of the hypotenuse.
- Calculate the length of the vertical side, a, of the right triangle.
- Calculate the length of the horizontal side, b, of the right triangle.
- Use the Pythagorean Theorem to calculate the length of the hypotenuse, c.