Comparing Two Numbers
- Anthony Dove
The app below allows you to create two numbers, plot them on the number line, and use this information to help you determine which number is greater. You will receive a prompt if an issue arises along the way.
- Determine a mixed number and improper fraction within 4 units of one another that you would like to compare.
- Create a mixed number by entering your mixed number in the input boxes. You can use the "Tab" key to move from one box to the next.
- Create an improper fraction by entering your improper fraction in the input boxes.
- Move the slider to a common denominator that will allow your two numbers to be accurately located on the number line.
- Accurately move A and B to their location on the number line.
- You will receive a new prompt asking which is greater. Check the appropriate box.
- Click the refresh icon to start over.