BPW Inv 1.1 - Line Reflections
In your BPW book or BPW online book link, open to Inv 1.1 (pg 10) and use Geogebra to answer the Part A questions 1 - 4 for pentagon ABCDE after making image, A′B′C′D′E′, and the line of reflection line AE.
- Use the Line tool to create line Line AE.
- Reflect the polygon over the line AE using the reflection tool .
- Use the Segment tool to draw segments connecting each vertex of pentagon ABCDE to its image on pentagon A′B′C′D′E′
- Use the intersect tool to show intersection point of segments you drew in step three and line AE.(go to and in dropdown menu find )
- Measure lengths of A to intersection point and A' to intersection point using (under dropdown menu) and angles (click on three points you want to measure.
- How are measures of the line of reflection AE and lines between all points and their image (A and A') related?
- How are the distances of a line from point to line of reflection and image to line of reflection ?
- Which points are in the same location as their image under this reflection?