CCGPS CA 2.3.1 Example 3
- Walch Education
- Function Graph
A company that manufactures MP3 players needs to hire more workers to keep up with an increase in orders. Some workers will be assembling the players and others will be packaging them. The company can hire no more than 15 new employees. Write and graph an inequality that represents the number of workers who can be hired.
- Create an inequality from the context.
- Graph the inequality as a linear equation. Since the inequality is inclusive, use a solid line.
- Determine where to stop the line.
- Pick a test point above or below the line and substitute the point into the inequality.
- Shade the appropriate half plane.