Instructions: A photographer wants to create two photo packages that includes the original photo below and two other copies on the same rectangular sheet of paper. The photograph is 4 inches wide and 6 inches high. Create two different packages the photographer could use and state the scales you are using for each photo in each of these two packages.
For each rectangular arrangement you create:
- Find the measurements of the small photographs for each arrangement. State your scale factors and show your calculations.
- How many of the smaller picture could you use to cover the larger picture without leaving any spaces or having any overlap?
- What is the ratio of the length of the sides of the original photo to the smaller photo?
- What is the ratio of the area of the original photo to the smaller photo?
- Did you get the same ratio for the lengths as the areas? Explain why or why not?