Plotting Fractions on a Number Line
- Anthony Dove
Below is an activity to work on identifying fractions on a number line.
- Choose whether you want to plot a random number or create your own number.
- Drag the slider to change how many Number Line Sections you want. The default is 5.
- Move the Denominator slider to create the appropriate tick marks on the number line.
- Type a Starting whole number that is less than or equal to the number you are plotting.
- A point with "Move" above will appear on the number line. Move the point on the number line to the appropriate location. You will get feedback to help.
- Click the "Refresh" icon to get a new fraction.