Linear Equations - Standard Form
- Sue Kelley
You are able to manipulate the line by using the sliders to move points R and S. Please answer the questions below. *Notice the general form of standard form and the equation of the line in standard form. Note the variables (A,B,C) and their corresponding values.
- Find the quotient of C and B. How does this value correspond to the line? Move slider b to 1 for a hint.
- Find the quotient of C and A. How does this value correspond to the line? Move slider b to 2 for a hint.
- Move points R and S and answer questions 1 and 2 again.
- What is special about points R and S? These points have a specific name, can you make a guess as to what this name might be? (Hint: this is where the line is "intercepting" what?)
- Using the above information, what is the benefit of Standard Form?