UCSS Math I 4.3.1 Example 2
- Walch Education
A teller at a bank records the amount of time a customer waits in line and the number of people in line ahead of that customer when he or she entered the line. Describe the relationship between waiting time and the people ahead of a customer when the customer enters a line.
- Create a scatter plot of the data.
- Find the equation of a linear model to represent the data.
- Determine the units of the slope.
- Describe what the slope means in context.
- Determine the units of the y-intercept.
- Describe what the y-intercept means in context.