- Walch Education
Helen purchased 3 books from an online bookstore and received a 20% discount on her total order. Each book cost the same amount. The shipping cost was $10 and was not discounted. Write an expression that can be used to represent the total amount Helen paid for 3 books plus the shipping cost. Simplify the expression, and then identify each term, the constant term, and the factors and coefficients of the terms that contain a variable.
- Translate the verbal expression into an algebraic expression.
- Simplify the expression.
- Identify each term in the simplified expression.
- Identify any factors of the non-constant term(s).
- Identify any coefficients of the non-constant term(s).
- Identify any constant terms.