Answer to the second challenge by Anthony OR - GGG 2015
- Irina Boyadzhiev
Problem: Inscribe an equilateral triangle in a given triangle . Solutions: For any equilateral triangle a rotation with center one of the vertices and angle will map one of the remaining vertices onto the third vertex. Let point be an arbitrary point on segment .
- Drag the slider to the end to rotate segment on angle around point .
- Click on the Construction button to finish the construction.
- When this problem has a solution?
- Drag point D on segment AB. Notice the relation between the intersecting points of the circle and the position of D.
- Drag the vertices of the triangle. Construct triangles for which the circle and segment BC have one intersection point.