Math 7- Unit 1 Quiz 1 Review
- Nicole Luchetta-Rump
Use the above applet to answer the following question.
1. Which of the four triangles on the bottom are scaled copies of triangle ABC? You can select more than one.
FGHIJ is a scaled copy of ABCDE.
Use the above applet to answer the following questions
2. Name the angle in the scaled copy that corresponds to angle BCD.
3. Name the segment in the scaled copy that corresponds to segment DE.
4. What is the scale factor from polygon ABCDE to polygon FGHIJ?
See the instructions below.
A rectangle that is 3 inches by 9 inches is scaled by a factor of 5.
6. What are the side lengths of the scaled copy?
7. Suppose you want to scale the copy back to its original size. What scale factor should you use?
Use this information to answer the questions below
Use the rectangle above to answer the following questions.
8. John has a drawing with an area of 21 . If he increases all of the sides by a scale factor of 4, what will the new area be?
9. Sam enlarged a picture by a scale factor of 7. The area of the enlarged picture is how many times as large as the area of the original?
10. Explain what 2 conditions must be true for a figure to be a scaled copy of another?